All Life Community Providers
Massage is “structured touching” or touching with purpose.
This purpose may be directed towards relieving muscle pain and stress, increasing body awareness, or bringing equilibrium to a life in crisis. Tangible outcomes can be experienced in the active stimulation of skin, lymph and blood, relaxation of the muscles and nervous system, elimination of metabolic waste, stretching of connective tissues and release of a tranquilizing effect into the entire organism through the parasympathetic nervous system. Massage is a healthy way of handling stress. Therapeutic massage is increasingly being recommended by doctors to complement traditional medicine as research proves its healing effects.
Here are some of the ways massage can help improve a person’s health:
- Reduces stress and tension.
- Reduces heart rate and blood pressure.
- Increases blood circulation and lymph flow.
- Increases immune functioning.
- Relieves both chronic and temporary pain.
- Increases endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers.
- Improves flexibility and increases joint mobility.
- Decreases anxiety and depression by increasing the levels of serotonin.
- Enhances general health and relaxes muscles.
- Speeds recovery from strenuous activity.
- Prevents sports injuries and increases athletic performance
- Helps relieve tension, sinus, and migraine headaches.
- Alleviates carpal tunnel syndrome, asthma, bronchitis, arthritis, and more.
- Promotes healthy skin and combats effects of aging.
- Compliments physical and occupational therapy, chiropractic and psychotherapy.